citect and excel reports

D

dan

Hi all,

is there a tutorial on how to get started in report writing to excel. Or a good starting point in general. I think that I might be trying to run before I can walk. I know very little about citect scada just done the one hour tutorial from the web. Typical no money left to send on any courses, the guy who was our computer man has left, and I have got to pick up the pieces. Any help on a starting point would be great. what I am trying to do is pull some data every day and male a report on the state of the site.

H

Hassan Tariq

Hello Dan,
I am not sure about reporting in citect.But you can use Matrikon Excel Reporter Or XLReporter (from Sytech) to make automatic excel based reports. The preReq is that your Citect should be OPC DA & HDA Server Compliant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq

G
Hi;
Instead of going for any third party Software you can develop the report in Citect it self using cicode & a bit of Excel micro (If you want the automatic printout at a specified time). I have developed the same in Citect 5.4 & 7.1 which logs the process parameter from citect to excel 2003 (for citect V5.4) & excel 2007(for citect V7.1) after every 2 hrs. Same is printed at @ 8:00 Hrs. in morning & saved as a file name--current date. It's really very simple.

Hi;
Instead of going for any third party Software you can develop the report in Citect it self using cicode & a bit of Excel micro (If you want the automatic printout at a specified time). I have developed the same in Citect 5.4 & 7.1 which logs the process parameter from citect to excel 2003 (for citect V5.4) & excel 2007(for citect V7.1) after every 2 hrs. Same is printed at @ 8:00 Hrs. in morning & saved as a file name--current date. It's really very simple.
Can you share the cicode and excel micro for reference but i am using citect 2018 ??