Citect OPC Connection

M

miner

Hi

I'm connecting a doing an OPC connection using citect. I see the alarms and trends but i can't see the tags and their data. I have enabled DCOM.

Can anybody assist?

Hi.

I cannot say for sure but it sounds to me as if you are connecting to a A&E OPC server (Alarms and events).

You need to connect to a DA OPC server (Direct Access) in order to see the tags and all the data and info associated with them.

It is possible that the opc server you connect to is both an opc A&E and DA server. You then need to get another opc client program to connect with.

CKa

Hi,

CKa may be right. ...but I if you are connecting TO Citect I *think* that it only supports DA 1. Make sure your client supports DA 1.

It could also be that your DA server doesn't support tag browsing. If this is true then your client needs to allow you to define the tag's access name in some other way.

You can download our free tag browser tool at http://IndustrialDotNet.com that can check for DA servers. If you can connect then you can also display the tags in various ways. If there is no tag browsing support our tool will let you import tags from a text file or add them one at a time with a form. (They only require you know their access name).

This would let you compare what you are seeing with the other client.

[email protected]