Clients for M Pro

B

Bhat

I have MPro Server with 2 clients installed on the server. Two separate PCs are used as clients.
Now it is requiered to add 2 more clients (only as operator station) to the network. May I know the Part No. s of the MPro V7 clients?
Is Schnieder marketing the MPro products still?

If you use the client builder and not the application editor, you can install a license of Monitor Pro 7.6.

You should get in contact with Schneider in your country. But, because, Vijeo Citect is the official SCADA sofware of Schneider, they may not be able to answer.

If so, they can get in contact with Schneider France.

If Schneider can't help you with this, maybe you can search for a FactoryLink dealer, FactoryLink (by USData) is the original product behind Monitor Pro, schnieder had an agreement with USData to personalise FactoryLink and resell-it as Monitor Pro. USData have been aquired by UGS, witch i think is now part of Siemens group... Good luck.

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hi,
Let me clarify the client license issue in Monitor Pro (applies to FactoryLink too of course) to help you to understand and save some money.

Any client able to connect to a Monitor Pro server and read/write tags (via OPC, DDE, PAK, WebClient, Client Builder, etc) must be licensed in the Serial Number(SN) and Configuration Sequence (CS) of the system.

It is called "CAL" and works as a concurrent license, this means that although you have 2 CALs (clients) you can install the client software (e.g. WebClient or Client Builder) on 5,8 or 10 PCs but only 2 clients at the same time will be able to work/connect to your MPro server.

In your case, if you are going to have 4 operators working simultaneously on the MPro server, you must buy 2 additional CAL license, otherwise, your 2 new clients will never connect to server. When you buy additional clients/tasks, you will receive a new SN and CS in order to be installed/registered on your system.

The MPro server always knows the total of licensed clients (and tasks) and counts how many clients are connected when it is running, therefore, there is no way to violate all this.

To know the Serial Number of your system, there are several ways (depending on the version of you MPro of course) but I am going to give you the most common:

1) When your app starts, at the beginning, it opens a DOS windows and shows several actions ...the first lines should tell you the name of your app and the SN of your license.

2) The DOS command called "ukey.exe" with the "-l" flag is the tool to know everything about your license. It is located in the %FLBIN% directory, e.g.:

c:\> ukey -l

As far I know, Monitor Pro is still the Schnieder's official SCADA software although the australian division adquired Citec software monts ago and have changed part of the name of its HMI package to Vijeo Citec.

Any Schneider dealer could help you with your problem. The plan B could be to call some FactoryLink dealer and talk about your problem and solution (I could be one of them if you want!).

Best Regards.

Saludos.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
gustavo.valero @ biconsulting. com