CNC Bosch Alpha2 question

G

GM

I have a Bosch alpha 2, and I can't change any parameters. If I do, the parameters are reset, and I have to reload them with the PC. I replaced the battery under the keyboard, but it still won't work. Can you help me?

Regards,
Geert Molema

W

willemscncproblems

Hello Geert,
I have a machine with alpha 2 control.
The bottem programs are not in the machine
but on a puched paper.
I have no reader.
Do you know wat to do?
I also would like to put a computer at the
machine but i think that i need program for it.
Do you know wat the name is ?

Willem.janssen @ planet.nl

Hello Geert & Willem,
I have a machine with alpha 2 control too.
I'm from Russia and speak english bad.
I have some information about input/output
data to this machine,in russian language,but i have not data for input!
I use Simco 4.3 from i-net.
Let's change ours data?

W.B.R. Igor
mail to:[email protected]

G

Gergely Imre

Hi Igor,

I also have a problem with A2 and I have the parameters and a German user guide. I can share with you. I need English documentation and program to connect and debug or download to the machine. I have aloso a MASDATEN file but I don't know how to use it.

Best regards,
Imre

G

Geert Molema

The masdaten can be sent with a copy command from a DOS prompt to the COM port of the PC that is connected to the machine. I am going on holiday now, I'll be back in 3 weeks.

For the cable try: http://www.aggsoft.com/cnc-dnc/bosch-alpha-3.htm
and
http://www.connectcnc-dnc.com/Settings/Bosch Alpha-3.html

I always used an old 286 PC. It didn't work with a Pentium-based PC.

Good luck.

If you want more info, mail to my address: geert. molema at gmail. com I'll probably reply within 3 weeks.

Geert Molema

Hi Imre,

I also have a problem with Bosch Alpha 2 control. I don't have the user guide and I need information because my control doesn't work.

Can you help me?

Best regards,
Ernesto

E-mail: ernesto at ernesto. net. ar

L
Hi guys,

I have lathe with Alpha 2 control for last 20 years and it still works well. Your problems can not be sorted unless you reed the error message. I had to sort little problems myself as the machine dealer does not know anything about it anymore.

At present I have a problem with screwcutting. The machine works fine on all fixed subprograms ecxept threading.It comes to position which I programm but then it would not go futher.

By pressing zero on the keyboard I get message: Not in position.

Any Idea?

Lou in Soth London

Your axis in position window has not been reached. You need to monitor the lag value on your control and you will find, when you are in position there will be an offset diplayed. This offset can be reduced by trimming your offset pot on the drive...

C

controlfixer

If the machine comes to start the screw-cutting and the axes are in position, which they probably are if ordinary cycles work ok. Then it's the spindle encoder not giving a reference pulse (1 per rev) to synchronize the thread start point, seemples!!

Hi guys,

If u need anyting for a Bosch Alpha 2, i have it all ;)
Best regards Michael

Michael9999 [at] live.dk

have you got any software so i can get programs in and out of my bosch alpha 2 controler using a pc

regards graham

> If u need anyting for a Bosch Alpha 2, i have it all ;)

Hello,

I need english user manual for Alpha 2. Please answer me if you have it.

With best regards

Iztok

J
> have you got any software so i can get programs in and out of my bosch alpha 2
> controler using a pc

Graham - you can use Hyperterminal in Windows. Goto: start/programs/accessories/hyperterminal
Set the parameters as in the manual.
You will need a 40mA cable rather than just a V24/RS232. - John