CNC retro-fit

A

Anonymous

Hello All,

We would like to replace or retrofit an old Fanuc GN6 CNC system, and we would need manuals and /or help and /or commnets from somebody has expertise in this area.

Thanks in advance.

Helo my friend,

Where is your company area?

thanks.

Sreior Engineer Control System
Afshin Azarkeyvan

Well, I don’t know you are being serious or cynical. So here is the answer:

If you are serious, then No, I don’t have any more links to offer. You can go to many of the other CNC people like siemens, fanuc, or g&l…or your favorite motion control and compare it to the Delta Tau and make your own decision. There are a lot of people out there that do this, I simply offered you a solution from people who handle all of the extremely difficult applications that exist and have a decent NC package that can be integrated to existing drives or new ones. It can handle the gamut of G, M, T codes etc. So do a little research and make your own decision.

If you are being cynical, then No, I don’t have any more links to offer. You could go to AB and buy their NC package, oh that’s right it is obsolete and they haven’t put any R&D into that. So if you get to make parts on your machine after your retrofit, you could buy a vision system from AB, oh that’s right their offering for that is obsolete and they abandoned that market too. So if you…well I guess you get the point. What about the “let me change the manufacturer” of my contactors every two years that AB pulls, so it appears that they are doing something, but really they are buying a part, sticking their name on it and selling it as the best. I am going to prophesy for a second. If/When everyone starts to do their homework regarding motion and drives, and they realize that AB has inferior drives and motion product offering…and they will…guess what AB will abandon that market too. Do your homework, buy some real motion and some real drives…I mean, if your running a conveyor or a pump, fine buy AB, but if requires some real engineering and thought use a real product. I don’t know maybe just maybe AB will make a decent drive or motion product one day.

Well, I' m not cynical. The company that you have mentioned never respond at my mail sent to [email protected] on date 26 September 2006. That was the reason for ask you for another link. Thanks for your collaboration.

D

Davis Gentry

I'm sorry that you ran into this problem. Here are a couple of integrators who specialize in CNC retrofits:

MOTION CONTROL INTEGRATION
Chris Ashworth
9611 Brookdale Dr. Ste. 100
Charlotte NC 28215 USA
Phone: (704) 531-9503
Fax: (704) 531-8495
[email protected]

MILLER TECHNICAL SYSTEMS
Mark Miller
2335 Buttermilk Crossing #325
Crescent Springs KY 41017 USA
Phone: (859) 283-1068