Coal Fired Boiler controlled with Fisher Porter

A

asdex

Hi everyone,

I have inherited the control and adjustment of two coal fired boilers 58 hp each. They are controlled by two Fisher Porter 53MC5000 controllers. All adjustments I have been making so far have been change and see what happens, as I don't really know what I'm doing. I seem to be able to get them running ok at a particular loading but when the loading changes, say in the evening when it gets colder, they start performing badly. The adjustments I have been making are generally to the ID setpoint, FD, and Coal Speed. If any one has information on this sort of thing it would be much appreciated. We have very little information here and my background as an electrician doesn't cover controls and PID loops etc.

Below are the settings I have to work with and an example of their values:
FD (forced draft) Damper - scaling and bias (1.1, -3.0)
ID (induced draft) Damper Tuning - pb, reset time, derivative. (60,0.119,0)
Grate Speed - scaling and bias (0.35,4.0)
Coal Speed - scaling and bias (1.35, 4.0)
Temperature Tune -pb, reset time, d (20, 40)
ID Setpoint (-.07)

Thanks very much,
asdex

Thanks very much for that information. I have had a look though the manual and there are a few facts that will be useful. Nothing is mentioned of our particular settings and I suppose this is because our Fisher Porters are programmed specifically for coal-fired boilers. Any infomation on interpreting these settings and values and how they interact with each other would be very helpful.