Com between SLC5/04 and ABB Sattcon SC15

C

Cécile martin

I want to establish a communication between a SLC 500 /04 from Rockwell automation and an API Sattcon SC 15 from ABB (Sattcontrol) SLC5/04 communicate with DH+ protocol, Sattcon with Sattbus.

Maybe I must use a PC for this application?

Help me
Best regards,
Cecile martin

C

Cristian Gliga

I am not familiar with Sattbus protocol but as a general rule, a converter board/module is always requiered in order for two devices supporting different protocols to communicate to each other. Basically, what the converter does is converts one protocol’s data packets into the other and vice-versa.

Regards,
Cristian Gliga – Systems Integrator

R

Raymond van der Tas

You should use a Windows PC (probably WinNT or Win2000) and install the OPC (ole for process control) Servers to talk to the devices.

Allen Bradley: AB OPC Server
(available from WWW.ICONICS.COM)
(or RSLinx OPC Server, or Applicom OPC Server)
SattCon : SattCon OPC Server
(available from Satt Control)

You then use ICONICS DataWorX32 as the OPC Bridge between the two OPC Servers.

regards
ICONICS EUROPE BV
Raymond van der Tas

You might want to try a product from PRO linx... I am not sure of their address but you could find the information on the net.

This company provide hardware products that connect one to one a standard protocoll from an automation competitor to another... I believe you will find this ready to use bridge usefull

You might want to try a product from PRO linx... I am not sure of their
address but you could find the information on the net.

This company provide hardware products that connect one to one a standard
protocoll from an automation competitor to another... I believe you will find this ready to use bridge usefull