Comap BOC IDMT Fault, Anyone else experience these?

R

Rob

I'm not 100% familiar with the in's and out's of the ComAp controls system / package for Gensets, mainly deal with Cat systems.

But I have a genset that keeps tripping off line with a BOC IDMT fault.

Have already replace the ComAp Transformer and AVRi module... Any ideas? I am trying to figure this out.

It will parallel and sync to the utility with no problem and then start coming up on load and then boom kicks off and get that error.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rob

Rob
Not sure if you received any replies, a colleague and I were just discussing a similar scenario as to your inquiry.

IDMT, in and off itself is a logarithmic evaluation of time over current, and in cases as used in the InteliGen controllers would be protection for alternators and the "Thermal damage curve." I will not get to deep into the formulas, set-points curves and use, but suffice it to say that your power triangle relationship is incorrect and that the IDMT occurrence is related to load and voltage control (or system dynamics associated with and infinite bus - line capacitance etc.). If you need specific assistance, our technical support personnel can help.

email to: [email protected] or [email protected]

Regards,
Erik
ComAp LLC

I'm not 100% familiar with the in's and out's of the ComAp controls system / package for Gensets, mainly deal with Cat systems.

Have already replace the ComAp Transformer and AVRi module... Any ideas? I am trying to figure this out.

It will parallel and sync to the utility with no problem and then start coming up on load and then boom kicks off and get that error.

Rob
Hi just double check kvar
If this is high double check grounding and install the correct material to reduce impedance and also sound current atleast 10/20 Kvar then no shutdown

Its a matter of voltage leak issue in General system of comapp control.

Rob
Breaker Open Cooldown is BOC. IDMT is short circuit current, either too high or delay. If no faults a setpoint is incorrect.