Combination Yokogawa and Siemens

J

Julio Cesar

Dear, good morning!

How can I connect Yokogawa CS3000 and Siemens S7 on a Profibus DP network? Is it necessary to use a coupler? Does it work well?

Thankfully,

M

Marco Rodriguez

Hi,

I already finished a communication test between a Siemens S7 CPU315-2 DP and a Yokogawa Centum CS3000, this was done through a Profibus DP network.

For the connection was necessary to use a Siemens DP/DP coupler (6ES7 158-0AD01-0XA0. In the Siemens side you need to configure the CPU as master and connect to one side (Network 1) of the DP/DP Coupler that is configured as slave. You will need the SIMATC software to this. Additionally with the SIMATIC you need to configure the communication mapping in the coupler. It is really easy if you follow the instructions of the Coupler manual.

On the side of the Yokogawa Centum, you only configure the address of the Coupler in the dip switches and install de GSD file in SYCON configurator. On this side Yokogawa Centum is the Master and the Dp/Dp Coupler is the slave.
You can have different slave address in each side of the Dp/Dp Coupler without a problem.
I hope this can help you.

marco.rodriguez @ mx. tenovagroup. com

J

Jesus Carrero Blanco

Hello Mr. Rodriguez,

I´m in the design phase of something similar. Is possible use the Siemens PLC as a Master and Slave at the same time in profibus network? The client want´s to use the PLC Siemmens as a collector to the CS3000.

And the other question is: if i generate the ".dbm" file in SyCon and copy the file in the IOM for the ALP111(Profibus YOKO Module) module, need i fill the %WW table manually?

Thanks

Jesus