Combustion dynamics monitoring burning diesel

Hi everyone
We have a GE 9FA gas turbine with DLN 2.6+ (dual combustion, gas or diesel) and during the past weeks we are having trouble with high dynamic in one chamber,the sensor was changed because the suspect of failure, but the high dinamics problem remains.

For about a month ago we are changing from gas to diesel very often (almost every 2 days) the high dynamic first appears in gas, so the GE people recomend us to disconnect the autotunning (l83mbc) until a re-tunning was done, but now we are in diesel and the high dynamic is bigger than in gas

the auto-tunning by logic is not available in diesel (needs to see the machine in mode 6.3) but the runback in case of that peak 1-2 or 3 is higher than 6 psi is still operative

looking the logic the protection (runback) is unavailable when the auto-tunning is off (gas turbine not in mode 6.3) and when the CDM signals are faulty
so my questions are:
when burning diesel....there is monitoring of dynamics?? or only when burning gas?
if when the turbine is burning diesel there is no dynamics monitoring, how the machine is protected in case of combustion problems??

the high dynamic is when the load is 125 MW, if we upload until 140 mw the dynamics are much lower

I hope you can help me.

thanks

Hi everyone
We have a GE 9FA gas turbine with DLN 2.6+ (dual combustion, gas or diesel) and during the past weeks we are having trouble with high dynamic in one chamber,the sensor was changed because the suspect of failure, but the high dinamics problem remains.

For about a month ago we are changing from gas to diesel very often (almost every 2 days) the high dynamic first appears in gas, so the GE people recomend us to disconnect the autotunning (l83mbc) until a re-tunning was done, but now we are in diesel and the high dynamic is bigger than in gas

the auto-tunning by logic is not available in diesel (needs to see the machine in mode 6.3) but the runback in case of that peak 1-2 or 3 is higher than 6 psi is still operative

looking the logic the protection (runback) is unavailable when the auto-tunning is off (gas turbine not in mode 6.3) and when the CDM signals are faulty
so my questions are:
when burning diesel....there is monitoring of dynamics?? or only when burning gas?
if when the turbine is burning diesel there is no dynamics monitoring, how the machine is protected in case of combustion problems??

the high dynamic is when the load is 125 MW, if we upload until 140 mw the dynamics are much lower

I hope you can help me.

thanks
Hi

Have a search on this forum threads on that subject..
It Looks like you need to ask for CMS "combustion monitoring system"...
Do you have a discussion with your GE representative... Like CPM/engineering...
They use to support customer by remote office engineering..

James