Comm between S7 400 and 555 - 1105

K

KS

We have two plcs. One is the S7 400 and the other is 555 - 1105. Both are siemens plcs. Is it possible to poll the I/O and memory locations
directly on the 555-1105 from the S7.If so how?

T

Tony R. Gunderman

Depending on the amount of data you are wanting to share, you may want to consider connecting the two systems using the DP-DP coupler
Siemens offers (part number 6ES7158-0AD00-0XA0). It sells for around $500. We are planning to use this transfer data between an S7-414 and
a 555-1106. It appears as a Profibus slave to both systems. Inputs on one are mapped to outputs on the other. The data shows up as I/O in
both systems and the configuration is pretty simple.

For larger amounts of data, options using FMS Profibus modules or Industrial Ethernet are probably better options.

Tony R. Gunderman

I have worked (and continue to work) with Siemen's S7-300 series PLCs and hardware. I am not familar with the 555-1105 you mention but does
it have the ability to connect through ProfiBus to your PLC? If so, then you can configure it to appear as I/O through ProfiBus and treat
it like an extension of the local I/O.

G

Gilles Allard

The 555 Profibus port is a master. You connot use it as a slave. As Mr Gunderman wrote, you can use a DP-DP coupler. Another solution would be to use a 2577 module (DP slave) offered by ControlTechnology

Gilles

A

Alan Jenkins

CTI manufactures a 2577 Profibus DP Slave module for the 505 PLC's. The module is configured to enable reads of V, WX, C, or X; and writes of V and C's. Transfers of up to 110 words of input and 110 words of output per PLC scan are
allowed.
For more information go to:
ftp://www.controltechnology.com/public/Pubs/PRODUCTS/2577/2577bulletin.pdf

Alan Jenkins