Commercially available Batch control software package suitability

S

shamdutt

Hello;

I want to know the following:

1. Are today's available Batch control software are really the cost effective solution for the small size process plant (100~200 I/O)and where complex sequencing/scheduling is also not required? will it be good idea to develop customised software solution for these rather going for these packages?

2. What will be the good solution for the process control/ batch control equipment maufacturer who requires the SCADA/Batch control software to control the equipment - whether to suggest the commercially available package or develop the customise software solution to address his needs? He requires customization for scheduling his recipe and controlling his proprietary devices and some system constraints in terms of timing issues.

Thanks and regards
Sham

Y

y.k.jariwala

hello sham

If you give little bit more information on the level of batch reciepe functionalities for your application than we can give simple alternative for this area.

Jari
[email protected]

T

Tom Marshall

You may want to look at Wonderware's InBatch program. It will have have all of the features you want and more. Plant Modeling, Product Geneology, Batch Reports, Recipe Management, Equipment History, Scheduling and Redundancy. Pricing is controlled by the size of your plant. (small, 1 - 15 units, medium, 16 - 40 units, large, unlimited) If you would like more information, contact me at [email protected].

Tom Marshall
(901) 494-1545

F

Francis Lovering

If you just have recipes that have the same sequence but different parameters then full batch packages are likely to be over the top, and it is probably less effort to build your own simple system for handling the parameters. It very much depends on your application. Multiple equipment routes, Interfaces to Higher level system or Extensive batch reporting for example are likely to increase the probability that a package is worth using. But before choosing to roll your own, make sure that you know that the advanced things are not going to be requested in the future.

Francis Lovering
www.controldraw.co.uk