Commissioning Allen Bradely PLC

A

ahdash

While I have just started commissioning Rockwell Software RSL.5000.500 and 50, and after powering up PLC some messages have appeared on the HMI as follow:

"uploading controller symbols has timed out you may choose to continue uploading the symbols or run the application

starting macros and datalog may not operates correctly when running the application until symbols are fully uploaded.

Therefore we are seeking for your help.

J

James Ingraham

"...Rockwell Software RSL.5000.500 and 50..."

That's rather unclear. RSLogix 5000 and RSLogix 500 are the programming software for ControlLogix / CompactLogix and SLC-500, respectively. 50 is not a thing. RSlogix 5 is for programming PLC-5. It is unlikely that you have all three of these. Also, the HMI software is separate. Given the error message you are seeing, I'm guessing you are using FactoryTalk View for Machine Edition software and PanelView Plus hardware.

"uploading controller symbols has timed out..."

On the Rockwell Knowledgebase, Tech Note 507649 details how to fix this problem. The technical support phone or chat would also be able to tell you the solution.

I could copy paste the instructions from the Knowledgebase. This is an interesting moral question. I'm willing to help, but straight up giving access to a resource that someone isn't paying for is questionable.

What does everybody else think of the idea?

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Personally I have no problem helping another user fix a glitch in a system, it's not like you are trying to deprive AB of vast sums of money and getting the system running successfully will make the user more inclined to come back in the future.

When on site, it's not like you can just get on the phone and order an expensive maintenance package, it can take months to justify the cost.

>I could copy paste the instructions from the Knowledgebase.
>This is an interesting moral question. I'm willing to help,
>but straight up giving access to a resource that someone
>isn't paying for is questionable.
>
>What does everybody else think of the idea?

Other automation forums (fora?) have policies stating that it's not appropriate to simply copy-paste the information, since it's copyrighted. They do allow you to summarize the content in your own words.

That particular article requires Tech Connect access to view, so I would be particularly leery of just copy-pasting to avoid any copyright infringement.

Personally, I think the information should be generally available on their support site, but it's not my material, therefore not my choice.

Thanks

I am looking for advice to solve this issue and line up with the software. sure I need a contract for technical support in later stages.