Communicating Siemens PLCs through VB6.0

R

Rakesh Sarangi

Can anybody help me out in giving me some guidelines as to how to communicate with any Siemens PLC with a PC using VB6.0. Can anyone be kind enough to share with me some sample projects.

R
There are a few options:

1. SIMATIC Computing which provides and ActiveX control and has methods for read/write data to any S7300/400 PLC via MPI,PROFIBUS or S7 TCP/IP (I have lots of sample source code for this)

2. SIMATIC NET OPC Server, whith this product you could communcicate to any S7300/S7400 PLC (you would have to turn your VB app into an OPC client which is simple enough with the Automation Interface.

3. There are some more obscure ways of doing this with winsock and a TCP/IP module on the PLC.

Personally I would recomend the SIMATIC Computing product due to it's low cost and ease of use.

Hope this helps,

Roger Hill

G

Gökhan Ataç

Hi,

Is it posible that you send me the examples?

By the way, I am tring to write a monitor and control program. It will control serial, paralel ports but It will be nice to talk with PLCs. Like s7-200. But i am writing it on Linux. Any one of you know some sdk, lib like OPC to monitor PLC? I also need to learn about serial protocol. Know or have any good documents???

Thanks
Gökhan

Hi, could You give me a exemple to !!!!!
I'm french and i'm interrested by S7 program directly by a PC. I would like make a small supervisor with a S7_ 200

Thank U
My email: [email protected]

Hi, could You give me a exemple in Vb6
I'm italian and i'm interrested by S7 program directly by a PC. I would like to make a small supervisor with a S7_ 200/300 write in VB6.
tanks...

-you need CP5613 (or CP5611)
-you install latest version of Simatic Net.
-configure pg/pc via Simatic NCM
-Go to VB6
-select component : simatic net opc data

I can make it by used CP341 with VB6 aplication but standalone only. But you must have a file activeX before.

Dear Mr. Roger Hill,

Is it possible to send me the sample code to talk with S7 400 PLC from VB 6.0 using Simatic computing via TCP/IP.

Thanks,
Kolla Satyanarayana
Bricmont Inc.
Email: [email protected]

There are a few options:

1. SIMATIC Computing which provides and ActiveX control and has methods for read/write data to any S7300/400 PLC via MPI,PROFIBUS or S7 TCP/IP (I have lots of sample source code for this)

2. SIMATIC NET OPC Server, whith this product you could communcicate to any S7300/S7400 PLC (you would have to turn your VB app into an OPC client which is simple enough with the Automation Interface.

3. There are some more obscure ways of doing this with winsock and a TCP/IP module on the PLC.

Personally I would recomend the SIMATIC Computing product due to it's low cost and ease of use.

Hope this helps,

Roger Hill
Hi Roger

I am writing a program in vb6 and need to communicate with Siemens S7-1200 plc over ethernet. Can you mail me some example of the same if you have. it will be a great help.

Thanks and Regards
Sachin Goyal