Communicating with Honeywell 620 Processor

R

Raymond Garcia

I am using a Honeywell RS-485 converter (623-0020), using 623-60 MSDOS Loader software to communicate with a 620-30 Processor. I receive a time-out error when I try to establish communication and believe the converter is not functioning properly. Is there another type of converter I can use to communicate with my processor?

From my experience: you need to use old laptop/computer with slow processor. I think 300MHz is maximum.

I had the same problem when I use my AMD 1,6 GHz laptop with DOS and software started from USB memory stick. Using old IBM Thinkpad solved problem.

BR
Andrew

Buy a new winloader for your 620. It works on any windows platform, much faster and easy to take backups.

In case your converter is faulty try using converters of SAN TELEQUIP. i have seen them working well.

regards

I have had a similar problem recently. My copy of the MS-DOS loader is on a Presario 1600 laptop with Win98SE/Win2000 dual boot. The loader would not communicate with the IPC-620 if it was run from the Win2000 CMD: prompt. Rebooting under Win98SE and running from the Command: prompt, the loader worked just fine.

Buying the WinLoader software is appropriate long range solution. Running under WIN98SE or earlier operating systems will keep you going until then.