Communicating with OMRON C200HS

A

ALAIN FORTIN

I have a OMRON C200HS with PT NT20M and I get an error message on screen "NO DIRECT INFORMATION IS SET" i can't communicate with it with support tool program. Please, can you tell me the pin out of the cable between pt and personal computer
and if necessary the dip switch setting of pt and the first important thing for good connection. Thank you for your attention.

My email is: [email protected]

R
I have programmed the same NT20M (which Automation Direct now sells under another name) several years ago and I do remember a few things.

First, the error you're getting refers to not having set up in the software (program you're trying to download) the areas in the PLC's memory where you are going to ahve the PLC control the screens and where current screen bits will be displayed. At least I seem to remember that being very important.

The serial cable......I don't remember the pinout, but you should get a successful download before worrying about the cable from the screen to the PLC. I guess you know that paramters in the touchscreen can be called up by pressing in any 2 corners of the screen simultaneously. This can bu used to make sure the software and the screen are set to the same comm settings.

I will try to find some of my old info on the screen......I like it and it was always reliable for me. I programmed it to display some images I created of a rat running when the machine was running OK. Used a shift register to cycle the images.

Anyway, I hope this helps, although I wish I remembered more. I wil try to remember to get you more info.

Ralph Kitts

J

Jeff Frischman

touch any 2 corners of the screen at the same time, a menu will appear, choose transmit mode.... the pt is now ready to receive data........you can get a complete cable and pinout listing on omron's web site. remember to set your control and notify areas via nt support tool.

Jeff Frischman
Algood Casters Limited
605 Fenmar Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M9L 2R6
Tel: 416/749-7743 * 800/254-6633 (800/ALGOOD3)
Fax: 416/747-5671
email: mailto:[email protected]

R
I have programmed the same NT20M (which Automation Direct now sells under another name) several years ago and I do remember a few things.

First, the error you're getting refers to not having set up in the software (program you're trying to download) the areas in the PLC's memory where you are going to ahve the PLC control the screens and where current screen bits will be displayed. At least I seem to remember that being very important.

The serial cable......I don't remember the pinout, but you should get a successful download before worrying about the cable from the screen to the PLC. I guess you know that paramters in the touchscreen can be called up by pressing in any 2 corners of the screen simultaneously. This can bu used to make sure the software and the screen are set to the same comm settings.

I will try to find some of my old info on the screen......I like it and it was always reliable for me. I programmed it to display some images I created of a rat running when the machine was running OK. Used a shift register to cycle the images.

Anyway, I hope this helps, although I wish I remembered more. I wil try to remember to get you more info.

Ralph Kitts