Communication between 2 Premium PLC using GPRS modem

O

Ozi

Hi everybody!
I have a project where I have two Schneider TSX Premium PLCs which need to communicate with each other over the GSM/GPRS network.
Has anyone have experience configuring the Schneider PLCs for GSM/GPRS connectivity?
I appreciate any comments and tips.
thanks in advance.
Ozi

Hi

I'm using the modbus protocol for communication between the Telemecanique PLC. If you want use GSM connection there is no problem, you can use standard GSM modems and TSX SCP 111 communication card on your Premium PLC. If you want use GPRS you need GPRS modem with the modbus stack for sending the modbus frames over GPRS.

Regards
Andrzej
www.modbus.pl

O

Ozdemir Genc

Dear Andrzej
I'd appreciate if you can guide me in the right direction. I will be usin Wavecom GPRS modems and they can have TCP/IP stack in them but not MODBUS stack. Do you know any modems has MODBUS stack in it?

Also,if you dont mind, can you send me a copy of your configuration, application for the Telemecanique PLCs with GSM modems.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Ozdemir Genc
MAS Otomasyon
http://www.masotomasyon.com

When using GPRS for point to point connection, do keep in mind that you either need fixed IP addresses for you SIM cards or some external router server that keeps track of your dynamic IP addresses. GPRS using dynamic IP address connections are know to change IP addresses "on the fly". Also every time you log into GPRS network, you get different IP-address, so you need to inform the Server what's your new address.

N

Nestor Clavijo

Dear Andrzej
I'd appreciate you if tell me what can try whith a gprs modem that only has tcp/ip stack.

I have workin trayin to conect it, but i dont know if the twido can manage that kind of conection.
Thanks