Communication PC - Siemens S5

D

David

I try to communicate PC-Siemens S5 and I need information about Siemens S5 protocol.

Thanks.

H

Hakan Ozevin

There are mainly two protocols for S5:
1. AS511 protocol, which is the protocol of the PG port. I have never seen detailed information of this protocol. It may be hidden on purpose, then you may have to buy a driver from Siemens (so called PRODAVE WIN 511).
2. RK 512 protocol, which is the general protocol for computer link. It is based on 3964R procedure.
This protocol and procedure is available in nearly all communication processors, therefore detailed information is available in their manuals. For example, in CP341 (altough it is S7 based, the protocol applies to S5 as well). You can download the manual from Siemens product support page.

Good luck!

++++++++++++++++
Hakan Ozevin

H

Helmut Meissner

Hello David,

the Protocols are AS512 and RK512.

Siemens gives no informations out about the protocol.

There are companies in Germany selling Libraries, DLLs and documentation about this. But its not cheap.

Look at:
www.process-informatik.de

Greetings

Helmut Meissner
Manager Softwaredepartment
Schlosser-Pfeiffer GmbH

L
www.runmode.com is the only resource I've seen. It's a bit sketchy, but better than pure guess-work (and thanks to them also!)

Otherwise there a few OPC servers which support AS511

Regards

Lynn August Linse, Senior Product Application Engineer
15353 Barranca Parkway, Lantronix Inc, Irvine CA 92618
[email protected] www.lantronix.com
Tel: (949)300-6337 Fax: (949)453-7132

Siemens does not provide the operation of protocol AS511, I suppose that so that conpres its DLL (PRODAVE) to communicate. I have a supplier that provides to a communication routine of to communicate with S5 by the programming port and ademas of sale is quite fast (within which it fits), single Lee and writes DB (that is not a limit, single that if you want to read or to write entrances and exits, you must use a DWord like image of the bits.

Joan Mila

A

Alfonso Garcia

David,

I understand that you want to communicate a PC with your S5 via serial port (RS232).

If that is the case you have two options.

The first one is to use the PG port, buy an adapter to convert the current loop output to RS232C (you can buy one from siemens), and the drivers (PRODAVE) for MsDos or Windows. The protocol is private and not documented. Maybe it is possible to find drivers from other sources.

The other is to use a CP524 or CP525 card and the
RK512(3964) protocol, which is very well documented and easy to implement. There are lots of drivers available as well.

Anyway,if you need further information contact me by email.

Regards,

=====
Alfonso Garcia
http://www.UsodeRazon.com
Una Cuestión de Lógica

R

Rob Faragher

I have been working on communication between PC's, PLC's and serial devices for several years now. At first we wrote everything in VB as it is very easy to understand and convenient to troubleshoot. Once we found the need for multithreading we changed our focus to C but are still developing and have some way to go.

If you are willing I would be very pleased to have your source code as I am sure it will help in our development work on serial drivers.

Thank you

Rob Faragher
Augher Control Systems Inc
Phone 1-905-646-6552
FAX 1-905-646-9338
Cell 1-905-327-3020
Email [email protected]
Site 1-905-548-7200 ext. 1405
Email [email protected]

A

Alfonso Garcia

David,

I understand that you want to communicate a PC with your S5 via serial port (RS232).

The first one is to use the PG port, buy an adapter to convert the current loop output to RS232C (you can buy one from siemens), and the
drivers (PRODAVE) for MsDos or Windows. The protocol is private and not documented. Maybe it is possible to find drivers from other sources.

RK512(3964) protocol, which is very well documented and easy to implement. There are lots of drivers available as well.

Regards,

=====
Alfonso Garcia
Una Cuestión de Lógica

F

Fernando Crelick

The first one is to use the PG port, buy an adapter to convert the current loop output to RS232C (you can buy one from siemens), and the
drivers (PRODAVE) for MsDos or Windows. The protocol is private and not documented. Maybe it is possible to find drivers from other sources.

Regards,

=====
Alfonso Garcia
Una Cuestión de Lógica

P

Phil Fletcher

I would like to communicate with an S5 115U PLC. Other projects that I have been involved in have been using Wonderware Intouch, and a
CP524/544 card. What I would like to do is do my own communication with the CP card. I can write RS232 communications in Delphi but would
appreciate if you could either point me in the direction of a driver/component or information on the protocol.