Communication s7-300 via Radio MDS

M

Mario Godoy

Hi to all....

I want to establish communication between two S7 300 PLCS and Radios MDS via rs232/485 converter.

if any one can show me the cable pins out diagram and setting parameters of rs232/485 converter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards.
Mario

I did a search on internet and found this link:
http://www.psc.fp.co.nz/main/hardware/caa.htm
It explains the pins.

About setting parameters for your RE232/485 converter … what shall I say? You need to look in the converter manual.

And one question: As I understand you want to communicate between two S7 PLCs using MDS radios. And you are using RS232/485 converters in between S7 and radios. Did I understand it correctly?

In this case I would suggest to use “MDS BlueNET” family that “replace RS-232/RS-485 cables!” as the manufacturer says. Also “No software installation or system upgrades needed. Just plug and play!”. I did a search and found this link: http://www.vicmobile.com/products/mds/blunet.html

And I give you just one idea to think about: Profibus and MPI (natives on S7)are protocols using RS485. Why don’t you try to connect one of them directly to a BlueNET and you don’t need any other converter between PLC and radio!
I never tried something like this! It is just an idea, based on the fact that BlueNET replaces a wire with a wireless device (no software, plug and play)!

If my explanation is not very clear you can send me an email at [email protected]

Val

Mario, first off you will need the siemens MPI to RS232 converter. If you use a normal RS232/485 converter you will have problems trying to connect (Due to protocol queries).

If you use the siemens converter you can establish a link very easily between the two PLCs over the radio. Get hold of the Teleservice software to get a good understanding of how the protocols work and you will get sample programs.
NOTE: the sample programs is for modems so you will have to adapt them for the radio link.

If you get the link to work using a normal RS232/485 converter please let me know cause I'm busy on a project where I need Inter PLC Comms.
[email protected].

Regards Rayno