communication with a panelview 1200

A

Alejandra Sanchez

i have a problem with the panelview 1200 communication, because I don't know that software can be used for this connection.
I need some help.

I suppose so it is allen bradley screen. first you should read guide book. you have to make right settings of serial communication. you have to run RSLinx.

please overlok. I can speak english not very well.
[email protected]

I believe that you will require the same software as I did for my Panelview 1400e. It is called Panelbuilder 1400e. The software is not as robust as Panelbuilder32, but it works. Depending on how you are communicating to the device, you may need RSLinx. I am using RSLinx Lite and it works great. There is lots of info at http://www.rockwellautomation.com or at your local Rockwell supplier.

A

alejandra sanchez

the problem is that I don´t know that rslinx version i need to comunicate whit the panelview 1200, and i don´t know the panel builder version and what windows i need to run this programs. I used panel builder 1400 and rslinx 2.42 and i don´t to estabilish the communication... please i need some help.

A

alejandra sanchez

hi...

I used the panel builder 1400e and rslinx 2.42 and i can't comunicate with the panelview 1200, what can i do?

In order to programming the PanelView 1200 you have to prepare:
1. Communication cable, to connect PC which PanelBuilder 1400e and RSLinx running on it and PanelView 1200. Have you prepared it?
2. PanelBuilder 1400e, software for program and configure Panelview 1200
3. RSLinx, software for configure communication between PanelBuilder 1400e and PanelView 1200

I suggest you to read "User Manual PanelView 1000e, 1200e & 1400e". you can download it from http://literature.rockwellautomation.com,
under criteria: Operator Interface - Graphic Terminal - PanelView e

Hope this helps.

A

Alejandra Sanchez

Hi...

Well, i have the cable to connect PC which PanelBuilder 1400e, but i don't know the rslinx version that can i use, because i used the 2.40 rslinx version an i couldn't comunicate with the panelview, i configure the panelview 1200 how the manual said.

I think my problem is incompatibility of versions software.

What version of panel builder, and rslinx and windows do you recommend to use???

thanks for your help...
Alejandra Sanchez...

J

José Gregorio Cavazos C.

As far as I remember you need an old DOS Programming Software for that PV, you don’t use RsLinx.

Gregorio Cavazos

B

Brian E Boothe

RsLinx 2.50 CPR7 that works

That expensive cost of a panelview and your not using Ethernet?? Ohh soo sad,

You need a very old version of software to do any mods to the panelview. I just worked on one of these very recently. I used a dos version on a computer running windows 3.1. The comm cable is just a serial cable. There is a windows version, but both versions are obsolete. My Rockwell supplier managed to round up a copy for me to use. Good luck!

D
I had the same problem, I had to buy PanelBuilder 1200 5.01 and I bought the cable from Allen Bradley. So now I am able to upload and download to that old Panelview 1200.

RSLinx won't work, and no other PanelBuilder software will work.

The software costs around $1500 and the cable was around $150. They love their old software.

If you still have any questions, I can answer them. Maybe.

Darell