Communication with ABB AC800 + FI 820F

C

claudio

Dear Fellows, At the new ABB Freelance system there is a controller called AC800 which is a multiprotocol ( Profibus, Fieldbus, etc.. ). There is a serial communication board called FI 820F. It looks that with this board I can develop new custom serial protocols to connect third part devices ( like old RTUs or PLCs ). Does any one have expirience with this board ? What kind of tools are needed ? Regards Claudio Torres

M
Claudio Torres, Do you use the ABB Advant OCS system also? I am looking for users of this system who wish to discuss issues related to that DCS. Mark Silva

M
Claudio Torres, Do you use the ABB Advant OCS system also? I am looking for users of this system who wish to discuss issues related to that DCS. Mark Silva

The standard protocoll is MODBUS. But you can select that you want to use RS232, 422 or 485, and in the Digitool software( now they call it Controll Builder F, Digitool was when they were H&B) you can configure the communication, and you can create and edit communication modules. So, you can make your own protocoll, which is work with that old devices. This AC800F controller is developed from the Freelance Fieldcontroller, which is the same, but couldn't be redundant. So if you know Freelance softwares, and you have it, you just can upgrade them to version 5.1, which knows Fieldcontroller, and you can use it. ( or if you have softwares in some version above 5.1, you have everything you need.)

R

Rajesh Mehta

You can contact local ABB guy in your area. He should be able to help you. I know a bit about it myself and may be I can help.

M

Michael Hopkins

Was looking for information about communications with the ABB AC800 and stumbled across this. Yes, I am an ABB Advant OCS system user with what I consider to be a fair amount of experience. Although, we are in the process of investigating an upgrade to the new ABB IT systems. Anyway, feel free to contact me at "[email protected]", mailto:mshopkins.dow.com

Michael Hopkins