Compliance with IECEx 60079-14 and ANNEX E

Good morning everybody,
I'd like to have a clarification regards the normative IECEx 60079-14 and its ANNEX E.
As far as the installation is concerned at paragraph 10.6.2 it specifies that if I meet the requirements

b) Cables and glands meeting all of the following:
– cable glands comply with IEC 60079-1 and are certified as equipment
– cables used comply with 9.3.2(a)
– the connected cable is at least 3 m in length

the installation is in compliance with the norm itself.
My question is, in this condition I can not say that the cable is gas tight, can I?
To state that a cable is gas tight I should test the prototype of cable under the conditions ANNEX E requires, which are the followings:
E.1 Test procedure
A piece of cable with a length of 0,5 m should be type tested when installed into a sealed
enclosure of 5 l (± 0,2 l), under constant temperature conditions. The cable is considered
acceptable if the time interval required for an internal overpressure of at least 0,3 kPa (30 mm
water gauge) to drop by 0,15 kPa (15 mm water gauge) is not less than 5 s.
The enclosure must be completely tight to avoid pressure loss through the enclosure gaps.

My client requires a GAS TIGHT CABLE in compliance with 60079-14, so unless I'm very much mistaken, I should give him/her a cable which satisfy the conditions dictated in paragraph 10.6.2 (that regards the installation methods too) and the ANNEX E as well, so I must test the cable under those conditions.

Thank you for Your attention

Nicola