Comunnications MasterDrive and PLC s7-300 Siemens

R

Rodrigo Meza

I need to communicate a PLC S7-300 siemens with a Masterdrive (SIMOVERT VC) Siemens. If somebody knows how, please send information to me. It is for my seminary of I title. Thank you very much.

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello;
1- you can control the Masterdrive through discrete outputs of the PLC (speed is pre-parametrized; selection is done by using discrete signal combinations) 2- you can use analog outputs (±10 V DC)to manipulate speed controls on the Masterdrive 3- Profibus-DP (from a DP-enabled CPU or a Profibus master communication processor) will allow you to control and parametrize the Masterdrive 4- Siemens has developped a dedicated protocol called USS that allows networking of
Masterdrives over a RS485 network; this USS protocol allows control and parametrization over the network.

You can find on the Siemens website a manual called "Standard drives and applications" that will cover all this in detail.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

If you decide to go profibus and the 6SE70's - let me know. I will sent you a function block.
Just respond back with your address.

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello;
1- you can control the Masterdrive through discrete outputs of the PLC (speed is pre-parametrized; selection is done by using discrete
signal combinations)
2- you can use analog outputs (±10 V DC)to manipulate speed controls on the Masterdrive
3- Profibus-DP (from a DP-enabled CPU or a Profibus master communication processor)will allow you to control and parametrize the Masterdrive 4- Siemens has developped a dedicated protocol called USS that allows networking of Masterdrives over a RS485 network; this USS protocol allows control and parametrization over the network.

You can find on the Siemens website a manual called "Standard drives and applications" that will copver all this in detail.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

H

Heine Grünewald

I'm just about to go PROFI on with 5 MD's and would appreciate your knowledge in prgramming FC.

Regard
Heine Grünewald