Concept (Schneider electric) software problem in virtual machine

V

virtualguy

I am running PLC software called concept from schneider electric in a virtual machine. As the software is not compatible with the newer OS (I'm using Windows 7), I installed the software in virtual machine (vmWare) to do programming.

However, every time I try to convert file located in the host directory (via shared folder) using Concept Converter, there's always a GPF error appeared. Following is the message :
OS errno : -914
error reading from a data or key file
OS errno = 2
DLL : RDM 330

followed by :
DBConv caused a General Protection Fault in Module RDM330.DLL at 0026:112F

This problem keeps happening for conversion of a project with big size (>650MB). This problem does not appear with smaller size project or this project is located at the virtual hard disk.

Does anyone face the same problem? hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Regards,
virtualguy

T

Tony Stewart EE'75

use procmon.exe (free from sysinternals) to trace execution . Also use procexp.exe to search which apps use the DLL and check permissions on DLL.

R

Robert Willis

The latest verison of Concept Verison 2.6 SR7 has been certified to work with Microsoft Windows Verison 7 (32-Bit).

I have never seen a Concept file as large as you are indicating. Are you attempting to import a Concept ASC file? Under what version of Concept as this created?

V
Yes I am trying to import a concept ASC file using concept converter from a host directory. It is a project developed with LL984 language. The project was created using Concept Version 2.6 XL SR7.

I appreciate your information regarding the concept compatibility with Windows 7 32bit. However, as most of us using windows 7 64 bit or other newer application, it is very useful to look for the main reason why this problem happened. Do you have any experience with this kind of problem?

V
> use procmon.exe (free from sysinternals) to trace execution. Also
> use procexp.exe to search which apps use the DLL and check permissions on DLL.

Okay. I will try this and let you know what I found soon.

Thanks for the info.

V
> I have never seen a Concept file as large as you are indicating. Are you
> attempting to import a Concept ASC file? Under what version of Concept as this created?

I am sorry. It was a typing error. The file size is actually 675KB.