Conductor NT and Windows 7

J

John G

ABB doesn't list Win7 as a supported OS for Conductor, prefering us to move up to Symphony+ (which I'll do next year). With the XP end-of-life coming, I had budgeted for new computers this year, but I did not know that Conductor NT wouldn't carry forward to the new OS. Since I did NOT budget for the huge costs to have ABB convert our Conductor NT screens to S+, I would like to stay with Conductor NT in my new Win7 boxes until next year.

Has anybody out there done this?

Never mind: I tried to install it just to see if it would work, and the first thing the installer does is look at your Windows version. It rejects the Windows 7 OS, won't even install.

> Never mind: I tried to install it just to see if it would work, and the first
> thing the installer does is look at your Windows version. It rejects the Windows
> 7 OS, won't even install.

Have you tried changing the compatibility mode to xp in the properties of the installation folder. And running the installation again. Just a thought.

J

John Gardner

So, we did get it installed inside the Microsoft "XP Mode" virtual machine, and it does talk to the processors and control the plant, but it is not ideal. Two things (so far) are poorly done for our needs.

1) XP Mode cannot talk to parallel ports, so the existing license dongle won't work. We had to buy new USB dongles.

2) XP Mode does not support multiple monitors, even though the Win7 machine does (of course it does!!)

Now I'm about to load VM Ware, like I probably should have from the beginning.