connect with schenck disomat B plus

J

Joel Izaguirre

Hello I also need to communicate with a schenck disomat B plus and get the data from it through RS232, did connect with the equipment?

We have tested different ways, but do not
achieve the equipment to send us the information that we require.

I would appreciate if you could help me with some information in this regard

How do you expect help when you have not explained which communications protocol you're using or the problem that you've encountered?

The spec sheet states multiple ways of communicating:

EDP Communication
For DISOMAT B plus, the following
EDP transmission procedures are
available:
- SCHENCK Standard procedures
(DDP 8 672)
- SCHENCK Poll procedures
(DDP 8 785)
- SIEMENS 3964 R (DDP 8 782)
- SIEMENS 3964 R for SIMATIC
S5/S7
- Modbus

Disomat B plus caters for a fixed set of commands that can be addressed by the EDP programmer, if required.
Eligible commands, messages and protocols are detailed in the Service Manual.

Fieldbuses:
In addition to the serial EDP interfacing, DISOMAT B plus Discharge Scale can also be controlled using the
most frequent fieldbus systems. For details, see System Manual BV-H 2140 and Data Communication
Manual BV-H 2316.

Your task is to communicate what you're trying to do and what you've done so far that hasn't worked.

J

Jerry Miille

Communicate to what?

Send us a copy of the message and tell us what format you need to get the data transferred to and I will bet that there will be dozens of answers to your question. You need to give us more information.

Jerry Miille

The communication we want to establish with a computer.

We have a software created in the company that reads the weights of the scales and stored in a SQL Server database, the system takes data directly from the viewers of the different scales we have installed always communicating by RS232 with other models of other equipment that We have installed, for example SIPEL, SAMSO, etc, these earlier devices are configured to send asynchronously a stream of data, which obtain the current weight of the scale, which is processed by the application and finally stored in the database.

We have recently acquired a new scale Disomat B Plus, it is already configured and calibrated correctly, but not we have been able to communicate with it from a PC using RS232, I then relate the evidence that we have made to communicate, which so far have had no result.

According to see in manuals communication with this type of equipment is not asynchronous, but it is established through multiple protocols, the which are specified in the manuals, is this correct?

On this premise we have tested with the following configurations:

1. Configure interface: S1, Physics: RS232, Baud Rate: 9600, Handshake: Off, Data: 8-bitno, Stop bits: 1
2 In the Scale number have doubts, we know that we must put a value between 0 and 99 for the DDP8672 Protocol, but do not know that is need, for many time we have tested with multiple values between 0 and 99 without results.

2. Configure the EDP Interface communication: S1, Protocol: DDP8672, Data Block: 0, Decimal Sign: (.)

3.-Through a specific application for testing with the device we send using RS232 < ENDQ > command as described in the communication manual, and in addition we are constantly reading the data which sends the device waiting to receive a < ACK >, but we have not received anything, we have tried sending many more commands but nothing, we have never been able to receive.

You have any idea that we are doing incorrectly?, or what it is we're not getting anything from the device?

Sorry for any spelling error, it is not our mother tongue.

Thank you for the explanation, but it turns out that Schenck's manuals are not public; Schenckprocess.com does not offer downloads of its manuals, only its color marketing brochures, Google comes up dry, too, on a query for manuals.

So that makes it somewhat problematic to help assess the situation, when documentation is lacking.

V

Vitaliy Onoshko

Hello, Joel!

I have faced the same issue during configurating Schenck DISOMAT Tersus.

Have you made any progress to solve this problem?

Any kind of help or reply will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Vitaliy

V

Vitaliy Onoshko

Greetings!

I am trying to establish communication between DISOMAT Tersus and PC. The communication interface is RS-232. I am using Tersus interface S1 with the following configuration:

<i>Physics: RS232;
Baud rate: 9600;
Handshake: Off;
Data: 8bit no;
Stop bits: 1.</i>

In Tersus manuals I've found the information that connection with PC is provided via EDP option (Electronic Data Processing). The configurations for EDP are listed below:

<i>Scales: 1 (not sure is it correct);
EDP Interface: S1;
Protocol: MINPROZ (I need protocol without any acknowledgment, does this suits best?);
Data block: 0;
Decimal point: Dot (.);
Compatible: Tersus.</i>

I was guided by Tersus manuals during executing configurations. While testing the communication, I've tried different EDP request commands in different formats, but unfortunately, I still cannot receive any response from Tersus. It seems like connection have never been really established.

Can you please help me with configuration? What am I doing wrong or what I've missed? Any kind of help or reply will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Please excuse me for my incompetence.

Best regards,
Vitaliy