Connecting ABB C-150/C-300 to Citect SCADA using Yokogawa TD485

• Thread starter Danilo E. Mendoza
  • Start date
D

Danilo E. Mendoza

One of my projects include integrating several field instruments to a system. I already finished the communication of S7-300 to Citect SCADA. My problem now is how do i connect the ABB commander 150/300 using an RS485 to RS232 converter (Modbus RTU or Modbus ASCII)? I have Yokogawa TD485 and a Blackbox SmartNode485 with me. Which one should I use? How do I connect and communicate them to CITECT SCADA? How is the addressing pattern? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you in advance!

Danilo E. Mendoza
Yokogawa Philippines, Inc.
email: [email protected]

Dear Danilo,

Here is the solution.

First define your SCADA as Modbus Master. Then connect all the ABB devices to it as Modbus slaves (Modbus RTU).

You also need to connect your Siemens S7-300 PLC to SCADA. For that you use one Gateway (Part no. GWY-00) to convert MPI protocol to Modbus. Gateway is basically a protocol converter which will help you to define youe PLC as Modbus slave in the RS 485 Modbus network. You can get more information on GWY-00 at http://www.renuelectronics.com

I did NOT understand the role of Yokogawa and SmartNode485 devices in your application. Please let me know if you want to connect them to SCADA as well.

Best regards,

Santosh