Connection Siemens S5 155 <-> InTouch 7.11

A

Andrzej

I would like to connect Siemens S5 155 with communication processor CP 1430 TF to PC with NIC 3Com Etherlink XL, Windows XP Service Pack 1, Simatic Net software V6.1, InTouch 7.11 and IOServer H1CP1413. Which parts of Simatic Net software have to be installed on PC? Which parameters have to be set in order to establish connection?

J

Jeroen Jansen

Hello,

I'm not sure if it is possible to communicate to the 3com card. What I remember is that the CP1613/1413 supports S5 communication and a normal PC network card not. I have done it with the CP1613 or CP1413 pc networkcard from Siemens.
2nd, the CP1430 card must know the partner mac adress of the PC card. To configure the CP1430 with his own adress and the PC adres.

Succes
Jeroen Jansen

J

Jeroen Jansen

The problem you have is that the 3Com card does not support S5 communication.

2nd be aware the you have to declare the communication partner MAC adress in the CP1430TF card. This is the mac adress in the pc.

3rd try to locate a CP1613 (PCI) or CP1413 (ISA) Simatic Ethernet card for PC. This card supports S5 communication.
The configuration software for the CP1430TF is COM1430.
The version of the Simatic Net depends on the Intouch, the OS (win98, 2000 or XP) and the selected PC card.

Good luck.

Question!!!
What driver did you use when comunicating S5 and CP1613 card. Is it possible to use the WW H1 CP1413 also for Siemens CP 1613 card?

Thank you/Wolfgang

I would suggest you load advanced OC configuration which is the latest communications software for PC's and set up an OPC server on the InTouch PC, then use OPClink from Intouch to read the OPC server. The simatic net cd V6.1 has advanced PC configuration and the OPC server so apart from the licenses you seem to have everything you need.

Regards
Donald Pittendrigh

D

Dieter Sswimbersky

It's nonsense that you need a cp1613 in the pc. every normal network card is a s good as the cp 1613. i have done this with a cp 1430 tf and a normal ethernet card from an electronic market. i connected a s5 942 with a simatic panel pc 670. to connect the 2 different network cards 1 used a aui to coaxial converter and a normal Coaxial network cable. I needed this connection for a WinCC connection (Ethernet layer 4).

You need the program com 1430 which is there for to be included in siemens step 5. you need to know the mac adress of the ethernet card (type in dos prompt: ipconfig /all to find out the mac adress of the network card, because it can't be adjusted like on cp1613).

you find detailled information at the siemens support pages: ad.siemens.de - service and support.

type in send/receive cp 1430 for send/receive connection or fetch/write cp 1430 for a fetch write connection.

J
Hello, I need to obtain a Siemens CP1413 card -- Do you know where I can find one?

Thank you/ John Jester

Mr. Jeroen Jansen.

i have a new CP 1613 CARD in original box. i don't know for what is this, please tell me. also what is the price of this item if i want to sell?

thanks
regards

w adel

D

Dave Brandt Nucor Steel AR

There is a software alterative to the siemens 1413 (isa) and 1613 (pci) cards. Inat makes a driver for DDE and OPC that uses a standard NIC card. You can go to http://inat.de and download a test version. It uses the same tagname structure as the h1cp1413 wonderware driver. The help is good and has examples of s5 code and the driver code.

Learned the hard way with Siemens
Dave