Control Logix Tags

D

Doug

We are designing a Control Logix system with three processors in the main chassis.
Can tags be shared between processors without
making them producer/consumer or messaging.
Thank you

K
I think the answer will be no - being in the same chassis does not make for any special relationship between processors. All the communications examples on the Rockwell training course were between processors via an "external" controlnet link and not between processors in the same chassis so without firing up Logix5000 I cannot be sure.
I am wondering why you would not want to use produced tags or messages......

kevin

> > I am wondering why you would not want to use produced tags or messages...... <

I was told that with our HMI Ethernet connection (in the same chassis) that we will be able to extract any info. on the control net backplane (including tags from the processor)I thought that this should hold true for the processors also but I have not had the opertunity to try these scenarios because our hardware is still a couple of weeks out.
thanks,
doug

M

Marco A. Hernandez

The answer is no. In order to exchange data you have to use the produce-consume tag "funtion" which is I think very simple.

Marco A. Hernandez
RA Mexico

G

Greg Critton

The Answer is YES!!! The back plane is the beginning of the network. You have to configure one processor to produce the tag and the others to consume it.