control of 18 solenoid valves

J

Jay V

I have a signal processing system that has an analog voltage out anywhere between a range of 0-5 V. It is DC Volt output from a 16bit Delta-sigma Digital to analog converter.
I want to use this anlaog output vol to control an array of solenoid valves that control air flow.
I am sure I can do this using a PLC or a 18 pin microcontroller with input outputs?
Can suggest me what kinda solenoid valve can be used here. I must say the DV value is differnt at differnt instants. The reason is i am doing signal processing and based on a specific instant of signal processing i may get 2 , 3 or max 5 V DC voltage. It is not changing or alternating like AC.

I will appriciate any guidance on this issue.

I am an electrical engineer and working with mechanical engineers and biomedical engineers to control a robot.

M

Michael Griffin

K

K. Saravanan

Hi,

You may use PLC which have a analog or digital converters. To control such valve you can use solenoid control bar. Refer to FESTO... etc. Microcontroller is better in controlling but need to do own programming and design. But PLC will do this easily.

K. Saravanan