control of dc servo motor in balancing a inverted pendulum

M

madhu

how to choose or design a circuit for the motion control of the motor in the balancing of inverted pendulum... if any one has the idea please mail me... i am doing my project in this.

S

Syed Aftab Ahmed

Hello

Whenever designing a cotrol circuit like Inverted Pendulum is involved; always proceed in these Steps

1) First develop the mathematical model of urs system.

2) Laplace method is one of the best ways to investigate the instability of the system.

3) Matlab Software is one of the best softwares to simulate the mathematical model of a system and then investigate for the instablity of the the system as well as to determine its solution to make the system stable

4) Use a PID controlling electrical circuit with proper feedback.

5) On the Basis of Mathematical Computer Simulations; Develop the electrical circuit in software like PSPICE, ORCADE, etc. and then simulate it electrically by varying different resistance values or capacitance values.

6) On the basis of electrical simulation; Develop the required electrical circuit on a Test Bench

I have developed a solution although the response was not as fast, yet at least acceptable at a mature level.

For Further Information Contact

SYED AFTAB AHMED
ITPS
SIEMENS ENGINEERING COMPANY
LAHORE
PAKISTAN
+0 92 42 5871010
[email protected]