Control panel internal wiring for analog I/O

A

AAN

Dear forum,

I would to ask about standard for panel internal wiring regarding to analog I/O panel internal wiring (mA, voltage). I mean, for internal wiring which connect analog I/O module to panel termination, does we have to use shielded cable instead of NYAF cable? What is standard for this matter? As far as I know, shielded cable only needed to connecting analog device at field to panel termination, not for internal wiring from analog I/O module to panel termination.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Aan

C

Curt Wuollet

It depends on how noisy your environment is. I would always at least consider it because it's by far the easiest and most accurate way to deal with noise. If I need the full accuracy of the A/D, then I would shield as a matter of course. And it must be done properly or it can be worse than no shielding. This is from long experience with analog electronics. If you ever put a scope on your panel wiring, you wouldn't hesitate to shield anything low level.

Regards
cww

R
Another advantage of using shielded cable, it forces you to keep your loops tidy, not just jump all over the place.

Roy