Control Philosophy

C

CUDC

New to Power Generation (Combined Cycle). Want to get control philosophy (general) of Balance of Plant... mainly HP IP LP Drum Level Control BFW & Condensate Pump Instrumentation Process and Purposes.

Thanks in Advance.

Sir,
In cae of power plant..balance of plant (BOP) consists of everything except that of Boilers, HRGS's and Turbine.

So BOP is
1. All the Fuel Oil Tanks & Pumps and FO Forwarding system upto termination point of main eqipment
2. All the water circuits( feed water/cooling water etc)
3. All the steam circuit
4. All the vessels.
Our main aim is to run the main plant smoothely. Keeping this in view we design the BOP control philosophy.

e.g we have to maintain the Fuel Oil Header Pressure at 12 Kg/cm2 for smooth running of plant and without any interruption even if one of the running pumps fail. Then we design logic for fuel oil pumps logic so that if in anycase one pump trips or fuel oil header pressure comes below the set point the stand bye pump should start automatically. If u need further discussion u can write back

May I know where would I find these information on web and also I would like to know about HRSG. Read on Wikipedia but need process and Instrumentation Understanding for HRSG. Your Input is great appreciated.
Thanks,