Control Scheme For Gas Blending (automatic)

A

Azizi Ahmad

Hi all,

I am looking for some references on gas blending control scheme. Basically, the process requirement require a mixing of sweet gas with sour gas. There will be two blending manifolds, as two sources of sweet gases will be available to dilute the CO2 and H2S content. The end product will need to meet the gas spec requirement of H2S < 300 ppm and CO2 < 6% mol without jeopardizing the production rate and maintaining pressure ratio.

Appreciate if you could guide me to right people/organization/books which would help me to come out with a desirable control scheme.

Regards
Azizi Ahmad

T

(TECO) David Bergeron

Check out the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association online at

http://www.npradc.org

They have some papers and publications on this subject. Look under the Computer Conference papers. A couple for you to look at among others are:

CC-95-134 BLEND GASOLINE QUALITY PREDICTIONS - ON-LINE AND OFF-LINE IMPLEMENTATION OF GASOLINE QUALITY PREDICTIONS AND BLEND INDEX CALCULATIONS - Claudio Passarella, Corpoven, S.A., El Palito,
Venezuela.

CC-96-124 IMPLEMENTATION OF ADVANCED ON-LINE BLEND CONTROL, OPTIMIZATION AND PLANNING SYSTEMS IN MEXICAN REFINERIES - Dr. Suresh S. Agrawal and William Beach, ABB Industrial Systems, Inc., Ing.
Guillermo Trujillo Rendon and Ing. Raul Olvera Olvera, PEMEX.

David Bergeron, P.E.
Thompson Equipment Co.
Phone: 504-833-6381
Fax: 504-831-4664
www.thompson-equipment.com
========================================