controlling a dc motor through parallel port

F

Fahim Rauf

i want to control a dc stepper motor using my parallel port in vb 6.0. can anyone give me the step by step guidance about what to do in what sequences bcz i am new to this type of programming?

You need to follow some steps:
1- Get the Parallel Port Architecture
2- Learn how to control the parallel port using VB.
you may use inpout32.dll to access the port
3- Develop a circuit to control your stepper motor. You may use 4 FETs (kind of transistor) in order to supply enough power
4- Do the visual basic program. Usually you need to change the stepper polarity. This means to develop a sequence where you turn one FET on at the time.

Bye
Good luck

Hai,

I just want to know about the architecture of the printer port for designining a joystick. Can any expert help me?!

F

Faisal Zaid A

u can use a four common cable stepper motor. use four data pins and connect them with the four motor common cables. while doing program in vb6.0, the programmer can use Timer to control the delay of each move. basically u can use 1.8 degree rotation per bit motor. means each time one of the cables getting the bit can rotate 1.8 degree. any other value stepper can be used also.

A
Try to use inport and outport functions from DOS.h and give the interupt for the parallel port.