Controlling by PC

• Thread starter Toto Arbi (TRB)
  • Start date
T

Toto Arbi (TRB)

I am a student and need information about How to Control (PID) a plant by PC? I have some Control valve (input : 4-20 mA) and some Transmitter (output : 4 -20 mA). What device (Brand, type) must I buy with cheapest price to make the plant able to control from PC.

Thanks & Best Regard

Andre Perdana

P

Peter Baillière

Hi,

We are a company that's specialized in automation.
You need a card that's able to send and receive analog signals... there exist cards that can be plugged into the motherboard or be connected to the centronix

Best Regards

Peter Baillière
Managing Director

K

keith lawson

If I was you I'd us a national instruments device and use LABView as yur control software. Buying the device with the cheapest price is a mistake as what you save in purchase price you will lose in development/maintenance.

You other problem will constructing software to control your system. This is where you save most of your development time. Use a high level language such as LabVIEW and make sure you buy supported IO. Writing your own low-level device drivers will take months.

National instruments have a websit at:
www.natinst.com
You best bet though is to phone them and discuss what you want to do.

Keith Lawson
Design Engineer
SMD Ltd

Hello,

I am interested in this Subject. At present i am working on the DCS System. If i want to control ten digital Inputs, outputs, analog signal and analog outputs i can make use of your suggested system as stadalone.

To plug in the supplied card , do you have separate cards for analog, digital i/o s or a standard input card , which we can set through jumpers or software.

What is the software you are using to interface these cards. How many cards we can plug in to PC.

please inform me

Regards,

[email protected]

T

Toto Arbi (TRB)

What is the software you are using to interface these cards? especially Mathlab, Lab View, other OCX,DLL etc

How many cards we can plug in to PC.
I need card that have isolated about 10 chanel input output (4-20 mA or 1-5 Volt)

Pls adv me, what type and brand card that I can buy with cheapest price

Thank & Best Regard
Andre

A

Armando Abraham - INGDESI

National have some cards with analog inputs/outputs (and digitals input/outputs
too) and these cards can work with visual Basic (National provides a driver to this purpose). Is very easy make a program for read/write signals from/to these cards making a VBA. Regard

Armando