Controlling motor in closed loop system

S

sensorless

Our control application requires that "when the proximity sensors detects the presence of an object in its proximity, then, the servo motor (used to run conveyors of furnace rollers) should start moving in clockwise and counter direction alternately."

I mean lets say it runs for 10 sec clockwise and then for 10 sec in counter direction. We are using Yaskawa SGDM drive to run this servo-motor.

The feedback of the encoder is coming to the drive and the feedback of sensors is going to the PLC.

We checked the sensors as well as encoder, but, they are ok. Is it the drive fault ?

Thanks.

Hi Sensorless,

You say that the motor is not moving in counter direction, is it moving in reverse, or not at all?

You can check if the drive and motor are working together by connection your computer directly to the drive. However the drive usually signals if something is wrong. As you say you've checked the connection between the encoder and drive and plc and sensor. So the remaining thing to check is the connection between the drive and plc and the actual instructions on the plc.

Regards
Per

How PLC to control at Yaskawa driver?
Which mode of Yaskawa driver you use, i.e. position or velocity one?

S
Thanks mate...
Actually the problem was that the drive-PLC communication port had a problem. Drive was not giving the encoder feedback to the PLC.

U guys r doing a fantastic job.
I appreciate.
Thanks again.