Controllogix PLC with two Network Interface Cards

B

Babar Jamil

Dear Fellows... A quick question or I should say a verification of what I want to do and think will work but want to verify. I am using Controllogix PLC with two Ethernet cards. I want to go from one card and look at I/o points and checkout PLC program functionality using RSLogix5000 and from the other card I want to go via my SCADA MMI and do the same. I want to do both at the same time so that I can confirm that what I am seeing on my SCADA screens is really valid because I should be seeing the same thing via RSLogix5000. My concern is that I will have two communication sessions (both via AB RSLinx) established with the same PLC at the same time and it may not work. Any comments will be appreciated.

What you want to do will work. You will need to set up two TCP drivers in RSLinx and point one to one IP address and the other driver to the second IP address.

D

Dave Ferguson

I am not sure I understand why you want to do this with 2 cards.....is it so fast that you cannot use the same screen. We have both MMI and RSLogix5000 on one machine and do this all the time. Or are you saying 2 Enet cards in 1 Controllogix and again.....why we again do this all the time, are you gathering data so fast that you are afraid of bogging down the enet or what........ I can help we do this in a lot of areas of the mill........we have a full blown control network vlan'd and switched and seperated from the rest of the mill via a router. We have AB, GE, Fisher, Siemens, and a ton of NT terminals (150) on this network and do this sort of thing all the time. E-mail me off list at [email protected] and if I can help I will..... Dave Ferguson Blandin Paper Company UPM-Kymmene DAVCO Automation