ControlWave Micro Modbus Slave

G

Guest1

I am tring to program a controlwave Micro RTU to be a modbus slave. In order to do so, two things have to be done. First, configure the port. Second, use the custom function block to attach code to the port. My problem is I need to define a parameter list in order to attach it to the custom function block, but I don't know how to. Does anyone have an example that I can follow.
Regards to all,
IHA

R

Robert Dusza

Dear IHA,

We have used BBI 3330s to talk as MODBUS master to MODBUS slaves. This uses ACCOL II, which is the precursor to the ACCOL III IEC-61131-3 software. I have a program that functions this way and one that is an example of what you need. Again it is in ACCOL II, but I am sure you can adapt it to use with ACCOL III. Don't know much about ACCOL III, but that will change very soon. Contact me off-line via email and I can get you the info you need.

Bob

Robert J. Dusza, Jr.
Project & Technical Support Manager
(V) 1-860-647-3219
(F) 1-860-647-3150
E-mail - [email protected]
Manchester Water & Sewer Dept.
125 Spring St. P.O. Box 191
Manchester, CT 06045-0191

D

Daniel Maldonado

First define in the flash configurator the port you want to use like MODBUS SLAVE, it is number 7, all the paremeters that you communication will need (Baud Rate, even, etc.)

Then you will have to define a custom module, and put it like a warm and a cold task (Here you define the Slave Number) and the list you mention have to be put like a cyclic task.

I have an application workin in a ControlWave LP with a operator panel.

Contact me if you need more help.

[email protected]
INSERTEC
BBI reps in Bolivia