Convert Citect trend files to Excel

M

mcbrid35

I have received a number of trend history files from a large governmental organization through a public records request. For each tag, there is a .hst file and then a bunch of files with .001, .002, etc suffixes. I am hoping to be able to convert them to something readable, specifically CSV files readable in Excel.

I am a private citizen and do not have access to (or any experience with) CitectSCADA. I have looked around on the internet and on Citect's site to gain a basic understanding of the software, relying on some basic controls experience I've picked up through my engineering career.

The organization providing the data has thus far refused to simply convert the data to CSV.

1) Is there any way for me to convert these trend data files to CSV format?

2) How hard would it be for the organization supplying these files to convert them? They have claimed it would be time consuming and expensive, but from what I have read, one can simply draw a box on the trend display, copy to clipboard, and paste directly into Excel. Is it possible to open these archived trend files in Citect and do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

P

Peter Hasler

Citect (Schneider Electric) have a utility called Batch Trend Export which will do exactly what you want. you will more than likely need a MyCitect login ID and password to access the support section of the Citect website where you can download the utility.