Coros OP15 to OP17 conversion

R

René Venter

Dear all.

I have a client who has a machine that uses a Coros OP15 panel. Due to problems with the OP15 as well as standardization, he now wants to change the OP15 with a OP17, but the problem that I have is that the client doesn't have the program from the OP15, and as far as I know, the OP15 program can not be uploaded to Protool. Is there a way of extracting the program from the OP15, and if there is a way, can I transfer this program straight to the OP17, or do I need to do some conversion? And while we are on this subject, is it possible to upload a OP17 program and edit it?

Your help would be appreciated.

René Venter
[email protected]

M

Michael Griffin

There are two generations of OP15. The first generation was programmed using Comtext, not Protool. The second generation product did use Protool.

With Protool, you cannot upload the complete program in an editable form. You have to keep the correction version of the original "source code" if you want to do anything with it later.

If the original program was a Comtext program (a file with *.o15 name format), Siemens did have a conversion program (I think it was called "konvert"). However this program only converted the message texts, and not the screens or
other features. However, having the message texts does save a lot of re-typing.

Finally, I believe the OP17 is being phased out. I would suggest that your customer consider selecting a newer OP to standardise on.