Create a user interface using visual basic and PIC18F2550

S

St3

I am require to get input from user and store it and transfer the input to PIC through USB port. Hence i need to create a GUI to take input from user? And actually how am i connect the stored data from user's input to the PIC?

R

Robert Scott

When you get your user input data from the Visual Basic program, then write it out to a serial port. But the serial port will not be a real serial port. It will be the PIC and its USB port emulating a serial port to the Windows operating system. Look for sample code on the Microchip website for making the PIC into a serial port USB device.

Robert Scott
Real-Time Specialties
Embedded Systems Consulting

That means i need to use visual basic to write all the program? or i need to separate it out? for e.g., i get input from user using visual basic, then using mplab to write the output from the visual basic to a serial port and to usb?

St3

R

Robert Scott

No, you use Visual Basic to write all the program that runs in the Windows computer. But then you have to program the PIC separately. Use MPLAB or some PIC-C compiler to write the program in the PIC. See the Microchip website for examples of the PIC portions of the program.

Robert Scott
Real-Time Specialties
Embedded Systems Consulting

Hello

I need help to read usb to 232 data converter which is connect with Access control reader Like Soyal. Please help about that. I want to read runtime proximity reader.

Thank you

Jewel