CS1000 & Excel HIS-OPC Examples

P

Peter Blyth

Hi everyone,

I need examples of excel spreadsheets using OPC to connect to a CS1000 HIS-OPC package, specifically for extracting long term trend data and trend closing information.

I've been trying to get the HIS-OPC ActiveX container to work in Excel without any joy - maybe you can help with this as well? From there I should be able to follow the manual.

All responses gratefully received - emails direct are preferred,

Regards, Peter Blyth
[email protected]

J
Hello Peter
You won't be able to get long term trend data through OPC. OPC works in real time and, as far as I know, historical data is not part of the specification.
Your OPC client needs to collect data in real time from the DCS and then do the trending itself.

Regards
Jamie Downs.
[email protected]

P
Hi Jamie,

As you know the OPC specification includes Realtime, Alarm and Event, and Historical servers. The Yokogawa HIS OPC package includes (I believe) an OPC HDA server - Yokogawa.CSHIS_HDA.

Now I'm still coming to terms with how to connect to the HDA - I've got the DA server connection ok, but cannot find any examples of using the HDA server. I'm pretty sure the Yokogawa Report Package (Excel based) uses VBA to connect to the HDA server, with the OPCHDAAutomation library (libbkhOPCHDAAuto.dll). Win-Tech provide a toolkit with VB examples - but I'm struggling to get this working in VBA. Oh well, if at first ...

I'll send you a copy when I get this sorted.

Regards, PB

P
Hi guys,

I've progressed a little - I've got the OPC HDA working, reading historical data etc - but when I move the VBA xla into the office LAN (separate domain) I get errors from my OPCHDAServer.Connect executive -
"Method 'Connect' of object 'IOPCHDAAutoServer' failed - Err# -1073469680" or sometimes I get "Permission Denied - Err# 70".

Now there has been an earlier thread on this - see http://www.control.com/1012243623/index_html, but I can't seem to get this to apply to me.

I can't see whether this is NT Domain, OPC or just another bug in my code. Any tips/clues?

Regards, Peter Blyth
[email protected]

Hi Peter,

just because I've seen you're using YOKOGAWA OPC:

If you want you can download plantserver.lite from
http://www.plantserver.net

It is an OPC proxy system and simplifies network-wide Office integration. We have tested it a lot with Yokogawa during development.

Free demo runs 30 days.

Regards
Timo