CSV file creation in RSView

J

Jeffrey D. Brandt

Since I don't feel like having my local distributor steal my work by asking my customer's location or business, I'll ask THIS group a simple RSView32 question: Is is possible, without jumping though hoops and buying special add-ons, to use RSView32 to create a single line comma separated value file, like: ABC123,23.012,1.222,X,0,122 where the numbers shown come from tags in the target PLC, and the file name of the .CSV file is also a variable in the RSView database/tagname dictionary (or whatever they call it today) Jeffrey D. Brandt http://users.supernet.com/jdbrandt/

B
Very easy to do in RSView VBA language, if you are somewhat familiar with Visual Basic. There are many appnotes on Rockwells web site that show how to read a tag value into VBA. You then use the PRINT statement, if I recall correctly, to format the line and print it to a file. Any decent book on VB or Quickbasic would show an example. If you cannot figure it out, email me and I can dig out an example. It should only take a few lines of code to do this. Bill Sturm

I wanted to know too, so I called Rockwell. No, you can't export to csv, but yes to .dbf database using logging. On a button command, log to dbf file. you will not be able to format like in wonderware, and you will get time and date and milliseconds. Trevor

J

Jeremy Pollard

The RSView object model is esoteric at best but it is easy to create gTagDB.GetTag("tag_Name_here").value is the call to use to get the value Using the stabdard VB stuff Open FileToOpen For Output As #1 ;append and Input are options print #1, gTagDB.GetTag("tag_Name_here").value, gTagDB.GetTag("other_tag_Name_here").value close #1 You can use the Write statement as well. Good luck Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET [email protected] On The Web - http://www.tsuonline.com PLCopen North America - [email protected] www.PLCopen.org the Training Factory, Inc. Programmable Controller Support Systems The Software User Newsletter ONLINE The Crazy Canuckian! 8 Vine Crescent, Barrie, Ontario L4N 2B3 705.739.7155 Fax 705.739.7157