Cylinder Position Sensor - Sticking Closed

Hey all, I am having a kind of strange problem and am looking for some advice. I am running a simple circuit on one of our machines, this circuit is 120V and turns on a warning light when the door of the machine is open.

120V power runs to a cylinder position sensor which is rated at 120V/1A switching current. When the door is open, the position sensor closes and gives 120V to a flashing red light. This light is rated at 120V/0.04A.

The problem is that this sensor immediately stuck close. Usually I would think the sensor saw to much amperage, but it should easily be able to handle 0.04A from the light.

If it matters at all, I looked inside the light and it has a capacitor.

Is the sensor simply faulty?

Can you post how you wired your circuit? Does this mean the light does not flash when it activates? Does the light has an electronic component aside from the capacitor?

Typically reed switches on cylinders are meant for signal voltages to PLCs or relays. My guess is the switched failed. Try replacing the switch and use a relay to turn on the light.

The keyword here is "flashing red light". This means the light should blink. What I could understand from the thread starter is that, the light stays ON the moment the sensor is closed. But he never came back to update this topic. Might already been resolved.

When a cylinder position sensor sticks closed, it fails to detect the position of the cylinder accurately. This can disrupt engine performance, leading to rough idling or misfiring. Prompt diagnosis and replacement are essential to ensure smooth engine operation and prevent further damage.

When a cylinder position sensor sticks closed, it fails to detect the position of the cylinder accurately. This can disrupt engine performance, leading to rough idling or misfiring. Prompt diagnosis and replacement are essential to ensure smooth engine operation and prevent further damage.
Thankyou Ai for your contribution but I think your search engine is not running on all cylinders.