Danfoss fc302 VFD modbus

M

marieben

Greetings!

I am currently having trouble in controlling the danfoss FC302 VLT in MODBUS RTU protocol using FP-X Panasonic C30R plc in RS-485 comm. can you pls sir give me a link where to find the modbus fc302 manual? Below is the PLC program and FC302 danfoss configuration i've made.

Note: For the basic application sir, pls give me sample program/modbus rtu command in running forward motor with respect to the modbus manual if possible sir kindly specify to what register in the manual.

Danfoss Settings:
0-** Operation/Display
0-4 LCP Keypad
0-40 [Hand On] Key on LCP – Disabled // to remotely run the inverter using PLC command
0-41 [Off] Key on LCP - Enabled
0-42 [Auto on] Key on LCP – Enabled
0-43 [Reset] ] Key on LCP – Enabled
3-** Reference/Ramps
3-13 Reference site – Local // to manually adjust the Frequency of the inverter via keypad
5-** Digital In/Out
5-10 Terminal 18 – No operation
5-11 Terminal 19 – No operation
5-12 Terminal 27 – No operation
8-** Comm and Options
8-0* General Settins
8-01 Control Site – [0] Dig. And Word
8-02 Control Word and Source – [1] FC RS485 // for RS485 Comm
8-1* Control settings
8-10 Control word Profile – [0] FC Profile

8-3* FC Port Settings
8-30 Protocol – [2] Modbus RTU
8-31 Address – 03 //inverter Address
8-32 Baud rate – [7] 115200//same baud rate in the plc comm. Set-up
8-33 Parity/Stop bits – [0] even parity,1 stop bit //same also in the PLC comm. Set up

PLC Program
COMPORT SELECTION
Note:
Comport 1 comm mode – MEWTOCOL-COM Master or slave unit //for rs232 comm port PC to PLC interface
Baud rate = 115200 // same in the FC 302 inverter
Data length = 8 bita with odd parity and 1 stop bit
Comport 2 comm mode – Modbus RTU Master/Slave
Comport 2 selection – Comm3 cassette[RS485] PLC interface
Baud rate = 115200 // same in the FC 302 inverter
Data length = 8 bita with odd parity and 1 stop bit

TOOL Port SELECTION

\

Note: Tool port Comm = MEWTOCOL-COM Master or slave unit //for rs232 comm port PC to PLC interface

PLC Program

Y0 – start enable of the modbus command
Port – com 2 // rs485 interface
Function code – sys_modbus_15_force coils
Start Register – 0002H
Number of registers – 1
Master Data – DT100[16#047c]
Sys_com1_trxdone – check com 1 transmission
Sys_com2_trxdone – check com 2 transmission

Actual Set-up
Since i cannot post the PLC program with the PLC settings and configuration i can provide it by giving you my email add: [email protected]
Thank you soomuch..God bless!!!

H

Hans de Groot

Hi there,

Documentation can be found on our Danfoss website: http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/DrivesSolutions/Documentations/VLT+Technical+Documentation.htm

Click on VLT AutomationDrive FC 300 to get access to all available manuals in different languages.

If you are not successful, you can always call (without charge) the Danfoss support engineers in your country. Contact details can be found here: http://www.danfoss.com/Contact/Worldwide/

Success.

Rgds

Hans de Groot
eBusiness Consultant
Danfoss Power Electronics

> Documentation can be found on our Danfoss website:

> http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/DrivesSolutions/Documentations/VLT+Technical+Documentation.htm

> Click on VLT AutomationDrive FC 300 to get access to all available manuals in different languages.

Reply:
Greetings Sir,
Thank you so much for the information sir. This will be considered as big big help to me sir especially that I am not really an expert to this.

With regards to this sir, Ive already downloaded a Danfoss manual VLT 6000 in Modbus RTU Control explaining how to control the inverter using modbus protocol. I believe sir VLT 6000 is similar to VLT FC302 that's why I’m using it now as reference. Here sir is the example of the code how to start the inverter:

In page 10 of VLT 6000 manual, in order to run the inverter is the control code must be: 0040H in which this command will start the inverter. Is this right sir? Sir i will give you ma email add sir so that i can give you a copy of the program in PLC with the configuration ive made to check if the things i did was ryt. Here is my email sir:[email protected]
Thanks a lot sir and God bless.