Data Acquisition Sytem

K

kmnskiran

I want to generate a text file for every day, every hour which should consists of Process values.

I have readily 4-20mA outputs from transmitters, how can I communicate these values to PC and then text file generation?

No controls require just for monitoring, please suggest me?

Hi There,

You may want to have a look at the Netbiter (www.netbiter.com). It has a few AI on the hardware and can be expandable with more AI, by adding Netbiter I/O extenders.

I am not sure if the system can export txt-files, but I know it can export .xlsx and sql.

My 2 cents

Patrick Lansdorf

Thank you Mr.steve,

I have installed DAQsofware, but how to interface it to hardware, pardon my knowledge in Systems

S
It has support for quite a few industrial protocols, including Modbus RTU and TCP, so there are a lot of hardware options. A lot of people seem to use LabJack hardware with it for purely DAQ applications, and that's well supported.

First of all, you need an I/O interface with your instrumentation. A PC cannot straight away communicate with a 4-20mA instrument output so you need an analog to digital converter. For this there is a wide range of solutions out there, from home made cards to high-end control systems. Check National Instruments, for example, look for 4-20mA I/o cards.

Then this interface solution comes with a communication software so you can transfer the data into your PC and do whatever you want with it.

I would suggest that using txt files will prove cumbersome on the long run. Better put a bit more time and money into the project and store the data in a database and build an interface to it so that you can have graphs, archiving and the rest.

D
I Agree. I/O Interface needed. Also might want to try some OPC tools that will allow you to view historic that data as well as get the data at regular intervals. MatrikonOPC has a free 50 tag historian you could consider and use some other free tools from them to view the tags.

>First of all, you need an I/O interface with your
>instrumentation. A PC cannot straight away communicate with
>a 4-20mA instrument output so you need an analog to digital
>converter. For this there is a wide range of solutions out
>there, from home made cards to high-end control systems.
>Check National Instruments, for example, look for 4-20mA I/o
>cards.