DC Brushless motor math model

D

David Neveu

I am trying to mathematically model the functionnalities of an Animatics DC brushless servomotor. I have some models of motors but i would like to know if anybody has an idea of the block diagram of a DC brushless servomotor. It is the same than a rotor controlled motor where the equations are T=Ka*I=J*s*w + B*w and R*I=E-Kv*w where E is the input voltage.

Thanks in advance,

D

Dean Crumlish

I find that they are the same excepting that the specifications are in rms or peak-peak. (Kt = Nm/Arms or Nm/Ap-p) so, just keep the units the same. i.e Amps rms and Nm/Arms etc.

Dean Crumlish
Sr. Applications Engineer
Copley Controls Corp.
20 Dan Rd.
Canton, MA 02021

[email protected]
Phone 781-828-8090 ext 266
Fax 781-828-6547

www.copleycontrols.com

A

alex ruderman

Hello,

if by DC Brushless you mean trapezoidal, or six step, for that I wrote a 40-page report that explains commutational phenomena and their impact on current (torque) pulsations, torque-speed area limitations, phase advance mechanism etc.

This theory also shows the directions to reduce (eliminate) commutational current (torque) ripple in the absence of fast acting current loop (current limitation only).

-Alex
[email protected]

G

George Younkin

I have a paper that may help. Email me if you would like a copy (by email or fax).

George Younkin(george @bullseyenet.com)