DC Link in SFC

M

MZ

Hi,

In my Static Frequency Converter manual, the DC Link is briefly described as follows:

"The reactor in the DC Link here decouples the mains (LCC) and machine converters. It takes up the voltage differences and smoothens the DC link current"

Could someone please explain what it means by 'takes up the voltage differences'? My current understanding is that voltage from the mains converter is compared to the voltage from the machine converter, and the inductor will 'push' the voltage in the direction of positive potential difference. But I don't understand how this occurs.

HAU..

In simplistic terms, the reactor acts/functions like a tank. It builds up and stores charge that is drawn on when system demands.

The take up voltage difference, I guess would be the voltage dip offset, that would occur if that tank circuit was not present.

This DC circuit, ensures stability of voltage and current from line voltage influence.

MCC.

Ah, so correct me if I'm wrong.

The DC Link stores or discharges charge based on the potential difference between the mains and machine converter.

So what would happen if the DC Link was no longer part of that circuit?