dc motor control programming

E

eriqmacs

i am working on a university project on control of dc motors fully automated using custom software. i am using vc++ 6.0 and its a headache trying to get an optimized almost bug free function to control the hardware on the para port. is it vc++ 6.0 or is it just me? help??? what fxn do i use for efficient results?

Interesting question . . .

You did not indicate if you are communicating to a controller through the parallel port, or actually trying to use the parallel port as an Address/Data communications Bus to an ASIC or other addressable board design.

Is this a two way parallel port operation?

Are you developing a PID loop for servo control, or just putting out a digital value to a DAC for
pure velocity control?

What is your experience with VC++ 6.0?
What is your experience in using Windows for Motion Control?

Are you looking for someone to correct your code, develop the code for you, or just give you
some pointers?

The problem here is not one of control, but one of clarity.

I am also trying to write a program to control a dc servo motor. How did you do this? I would like to use VB. Could give me some clues as to where to start, or if possible could you send me the code you have already written.

Thanks

i'm varman from a public university. i'm working on mobile robot for my thesis. the robot is wired with the computer. i'm using two dc motor. the different direction of the the motor spin will turn the robot. here, i don't really know how to use vc++, to interface the two motors seperately when they turn. cause one motor should turn clockwise and another is anticlockwise. if possible can you please send me some example of vc++ code which you have done ealier?
thanks.

i'm a student in electrical engineering. if you don't mind please send it to me, i will check and soft the problem of error with my lecturer.